- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) (www.bls.gov): The official source for employment and inflation
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) (www.bea.gov): The official source for GDP and Personal Income/Outlays,
Gross State Product, and state/local Personal Income.
- Census Bureau (www.census.gov): In addition to detailed demographic data, the
Census provides data on housing, business payroll and receipts, and much more.
- St. Louis Fed: FRED II (research.stlouisfed.org/fred2): A great one-stop site for up-to-date
data on most U.S. macroeconomic indicators.
- Freelunch.com (www.freelunch.com): Another one-stop site for many popular U.S.
indicators. Allows users to graph and transform data.
- Employment Development Department (www.edd.ca.gov) : Official source for CA/County employment statistics.
- California Dept. of Finance (www.dof.ca.gov) : This site collects statistics from several
state agencies, offering data on demographics, state finances, and more.
- DataQuick (www.dqnews.com)
: This is the free news site for a San Diego firm that provides monthly data on
residential real estate markets in California. Available data includes number of
homes sold and median prices by county.